Britain’s longest reigning monarch, Queen Elizabeth II, handed away on September 8, 2022. Her funeral came about on September 19, 2022, with outstanding leaders in attendance. Various individuals have paid a tribute to her by sharing anecdotes and incidents from her 70-year-long time spent on the throne. Interestingly, a few of her favorite recipes have additionally resurfaced recently. Recently, we noticed a particular scones recipe from Queen Elizabeth’s kitchen go viral on the web. The recipe was shared in 1960 with the then US President Dwight D. Eisenhower. And now, yet one more recipe from the royal kitchens has made its method to social media. Queen Elizabeth’s go-to recipe for scrambled eggs has been shared by a preferred nutritionist on Instagram. Take a glance:
The recipe for Queen Elizabeth’s scrambled eggs was shared by nutritionist Lee Holmes on Instagram Reels. According to the publish, one in every of Holmes’ pals claimed she had cooked for the Queen just a few years again. Thus, Lee too had tried making these scrambled eggs in the best way that the Queen appreciated them and she or he fairly loved the recipe too. “One of my pretty pals was lucky sufficient cook dinner for the Queen and she or he shared with me a recipe for her favorite scrambled eggs,” she wrote in her blog. “Ma’am cherished to generally begin the day with a protein-packed breakfast and these eggs have been tailor-made to the best way that she notably appreciated them,” she additional added.
As per the recipe on Lee Holmes’ weblog, Queen Elizabeth’s scrambled eggs recipe known as for the usage of brown eggs and never white eggs. While the opposite elements for scrambled eggs have been fairly the standard, two stood aside from the others – lemon zest and a pinch of nutmeg. Snipped chives and kippers is also used to serve the scrumptious egg dish that’s stated to be one of many Queens’ favourites.
Here Is The Full Recipe For Queen Elizabeth II’s Scrambled Eggs As Shared By Lee Holmes:
- 3 natural (brown) eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Sea salt, to style
- 1 tablespoon butter or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- A pinch of floor nutmeg
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to style
- Snipped chives and kippers to serve (non-obligatory)
- Whisk the eggs and milk in a bowl till nicely mixed. Add salt to style.
- Heat the butter or olive oil in a small frying pan over low-medium warmth. Add the eggs and switch the warmth all the way down to low, shifting them across the pan slowly with a spatula so they do not follow the underside.
- Just earlier than they’re beginning to set, add the lemon zest, nutmeg and additional salt, if desired and stir.
- Serve instantly, garnished with pepper and chives.
So, do that great scrambled egg recipe and inform us the way you appreciated it. We will not be shocked if it turns into your favorite, similar to Queen Elizabeth.
About Aditi AhujaAditi loves speaking to and assembly like-minded foodies (particularly the sort who like veg momos). Plus factors if you happen to get her dangerous jokes and sitcom references, or if you happen to advocate a brand new place to eat at.