Scalp well being is likely one of the largest hair traits I’ve been seeing on TikTok, and I’m no stranger to giving my scalp all of the R&R it wants. Hair oiling is one thing that I swear by as a approach to nourish your hair from root to tip. Some of my favorites are the Squigs Gooseberry Delight Hair Oil and the Fable and Mane Hair HoliRoots Prewash Hair Treatment Oil. However, I lately began to increase my pre-wash ritual by incorporating hair masks, particularly people who goal scalp issues.
When my scalp will get out of stability, it feels dry and excessively oily on the identical time. Plus, there’s the fixed irritation of an itchy scalp and flakes galore. My hair barely lasts 48 hours with out feeling like I want to scrub it once more. I got here throughout the Shaz & Kiks Back to Your Roots Pre-Wash ($62), and the Ayurvedic remedy claims to maintain my scalp balanced and flake-free with only a 20-minute weekly session. I’ve been utilizing this for nearly a yr, and my scalp has tremendously improved, thus making it a staple a part of my hair care routine. This hair masks remedy has particularly helped my scalp really feel balanced and moisturized because the winter dryness wreaks havoc on my hair.
What to Know About the Shaz & Kiks Back to Your Roots Pre-Wash:
- The Shaz & Kiks Back to Your Roots Pre-Wash is available in two formulations: one for fine, thin, flat to medium hair types ($40-$62) and one for dry, frizzy, thick, or curl/coily hair ($40-$62).
- It is protected for these with color-treated, keratin-treated, or chemically-treated and relaxed hair.
- The Back to Your Roots Pre-Wash is meant to assist deal with points with scalp itchiness, flakiness, and extra oil manufacturing and buildup, in addition to points with hair thinning, breakage, frizz, and dullness.
- It’s a creamy hair masks formulated with Ayurvedic herbs, oils, and florals that assist strengthen, thicken, moisturize, and shield your hair holistically from the scalp and roots to the ends of your hair.
- Some of those Ayurvedic substances embrace:
- Amla, fenugreek, and tulsi, which the model claims assist stimulate hair development by nourishing the hair follicles.
- Shikakai and reetha are Ayurvedic herbs that assist cleanse and stability your scalp, from its pH stage to grease manufacturing. Reetha additionally helps with stopping dandruff.
- Turmeric and neem assist with diminishing irritation and function an anti-bacterial and anti-fungal for the scalp.
- The Back to Your Roots Pre-Wash additionally has a mix of bhingaraj, moringa, candy almond, and sesame oils that can assist moisturize and strengthen your hair.
- Not solely is it vegan and cruelty-free, however the product can be freed from sulfates, silicones, phthalates, parabens, mineral oils, gluten, artificial dyes, and fragrances.
What I Like About the Shaz & Kiks Back to Your Roots Pre-Wash:
The Shaz & Kiks Back to Your Roots Pre-Wash has remodeled my scalp and hair in only one use. I used the pre-wash components meant for dry, frizzy, and curly hair. My scalp felt refreshed like I had used a clarifying or an anti-dandruff shampoo
I seen a giant distinction in how my hair felt and flowed after I blow-dried it out as effectively. My hair felt extremely smooth, like a silk pillowcase stage of luxurious softness. It was really easy to type my hair afterward, I barely wanted to the touch it up with a flat iron. Plus, there isn’t any frizz and minimal flyaways. I used to be fearful that this hair remedy masks would weigh my hair down, however as a substitute, it gave my roots an honest quantity of quantity.
How to Use the Shaz & Kiks Back to Your Roots Pre-Wash:
It’s greatest to make use of the Shaz & Kiks Back to Your Roots Pre-Wash on dry hair as soon as every week. I like to make use of this hair masks as a deep cleaning remedy for my scalp on the day I’m supposed to scrub my hair, so when I’m sporting third-day hair, in sweats, with a listing of errands to knock out (aka Sunday). However, if my scalp is feeling just a little additional irritated and out of stability, I exploit it then as effectively. It’s mild sufficient to make use of a number of occasions per week.
The Back to Your Roots Pre-Wash remedy is thick and creamy, and to make sure I’m getting each inch of my scalp, I exploit a large toothed comb to assist half my hair into sections. This permits me to get the product into hard-to-reach areas like the center sections of my scalp and the layers beneath. I begin off with my hair down and parted proper down the center, I scoop out just a little little bit of the pre-wash masks and apply it generously on my scalp, ensuring I therapeutic massage it in. Then, I’ll break up my hair into sections, aspect by aspect, in order that I can apply the pre-wash remedy throughout my scalp. Although I focus this masks on my scalp, no matter stays I carry all the way down to my hair shaft, and fastidiously comb by it for even distribution. Once I’m accomplished giving myself essentially the most enjoyable scalp therapeutic massage, I clip it up and wait till I’m able to bathe. The Back to Your Roots Pre-Wash hair masks is a 15-20 minute remedy, nevertheless, the model recommends leaving it on for an extended time, even in a single day. Once I’m able to bathe, the pre-wash remedy washes out fairly simply, and I shampoo and situation it as regular.
What to Consider Before Trying the Shaz & Kiks Back to Your Roots Pre-Wash:
- The Back to Your Roots Pre-Wash is available in two totally different formulations for various hair sorts, so you should definitely get the one formulated for you and your hair wants. The Back to Your Roots Pre-Wash for fine, thin, flat to medium hair types ($62) has extra oil-absorbing substances and oils which can be lighter in weight in comparison with the one meant for dry, thick, and curly hair.
- The means of making use of the pre-wash remedy is just a little bit messy, so I extremely counsel carrying one thing you do not thoughts getting soiled. If you determine to maintain it on in a single day, sleep with a pillowcase or an outdated towel you do not thoughts getting soiled.
- Because of its thick and creamy texture, I extremely suggest utilizing a wide-tooth comb to half and comb by your hair, and to be as affected person and mild as potential. This does dry down, so your hair will really feel stiff when the product is in it.
- I additionally suggest clipping it up relatively than tying it with a scrunchie or ponytail holder because it’s simpler to take away the clip.
- Although it is a mild remedy and protected for these with delicate pores and skin, it is best to patch take a look at simply in case.
Is the Shaz & Kiks Back to Your Roots Pre-Wash Worth Splurge?
I’ve been utilizing this weekly remedy for round a yr, and not solely has it accomplished wonders for my hair and scalp well being, one tub lasts some time. You solely want round two scoops to your complete scalp. Plus, for those who’re unsure if that is proper to your scalp and its wants, you possibly can check out the half dimension model as a substitute of the complete sized tub.
Where is the Shaz & Kiks Back to Your Roots Pre-Wash Available?
The Shaz & Kiks Back to Your Roots Pre-Wash is accessible at Credo Beauty, Thirteen Lune, and Free People ($38).
Image Source: POPSUGAR Photography / Anvita Reddy