When I consider pizza, the elements that first come to thoughts aren’t the ones in “salad connoisseur” Jenny Osipova’s salad. Yet, her trending TikTok recipe tastes extra like pizza than in the event you have been to toss a bunch of pizza toppings in a bowl with a head of lettuce. Rather than doing the apparent, Osipova, who goes by @jennys__table on the app, as a substitute combines cannellini beans, crimson onions, kale, parsley, kalamata olives, tomatoes, mozzarella, and homemade croutons . . . and it really works.
I’ve by no means put beans on a pizza earlier than, nevertheless it appears they maintain quite a lot of the signature pizza flavors when cooked with garlic and oregano. Along with the croutons, additionally they contribute a starchy aspect to the salad, functioning nearly like a pizza-crust substitute. The roasted tomatoes, olive oil, and parsley resemble a deconstructed tomato sauce that tastes particularly pizza-like alongside the mozzarella balls. Finally, the vinegary-ness of the quick-pickled onions ties the whole lot collectively as a salad.
There’s a very good quantity of prep that goes into making this recipe, however that is an inexpensive trade-off for a salad that additionally tastes like a pizza. The mix-ins are the kind which you could make in an even bigger batch to retailer in the fridge and proceed utilizing as wanted, so it is good for any time that pizza salad craving hits. If you want hearty salads as a lot as you want pizza, you may undoubtedly wish to do this recipe. For all the steps on make it, learn on.
- 1 bundle (500 grams) grape tomatoes
1 tablespoon chili honey
1 small loaf artisan bread
1 can (15.5 ounces) cannellini beans, drained
1/2 teaspoon crushed crimson pepper
2 bay leaves
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1 tablespoon coarse floor mustard
1/4 crimson onion
2 tablespoons crimson wine vinegar
1/2 cup parsley
1/2 cup kalamata olives
1/2 cup mozzarella balls (generally labeled “bocconcini”)
Olive oil, oregano, salt, and pepper to style
- Add grape tomatoes to a baking dish, then drizzle with olive oil and chili honey. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice bread into crouton-size items and coat with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Transfer to a separate baking dish, then bake at 375°F alongside the tomatoes. Remove the bread after about quarter-hour, and take away the tomatoes after about 30 or as soon as blistered.
- Empty a can of cannellini beans right into a saucepan. Add crushed crimson pepper, dried oregano, bay leaves, garlic, and coarse floor mustard in addition to olive oil, salt, and pepper. Let the beans cook dinner over low warmth till browned.
- Finely slice the crimson onion, then mix with dried oregano and crimson wine vinegar.
- Chop up the parsley and kale, then halve the olives and mozzarella balls.
- Add the kale to a big salad bowl. Massage with olive oil and salt to tenderize the leaves.
- Once the roasted tomatoes and cannellini beans have cooled, add all the elements over the kale and toss collectively. Enjoy!
- Salads, Main Dishes
- 2 servings
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 40 minutes
- Total Time
- 1 hour, 9 minutes, 59 seconds
Image Source: POPSUGAR Photography / Kalea Martin